Thursday, October 18, 2007

Lyrical Melodies

Hey Everyone I know its been sometime since my last post. This week God has just really impressed me with his love for me, and trying to teach me whats my purpose in life, why in the end do all things matter. In this post I hope to share with you some music I have semi-completed writing. The first song is about Grace ("his love for me") and the second being, When all is said and done ("my purpose in life"). These songs are always open for critique or observations. So please I welcome your input. But be aware that I may refrain from using your ideas, should I feel they could mess with the song lyrically, scripturally, or even musically. I am always grateful for your comments though!
______________________________________
Below is a song that I partially wrote about oh gee 6 1/2 years ago. I happened upon it as I was going through some old binders I have stored in my closet, and thought wow this (unlike alot of my older music writing) had something special to it. I picked it up grabbed my guitar and what did you know? It just fit. Its real legato (flowy) & soft. Which would be very descriptive of my writing style, laid back worshipful, at times folksy.... Well anyways I happened to finish writing it today, and I must say I like it.


Grace

Verse 1:

Love unnoticed humbly came,
Created to take my blame
How can I understand, this kind of love?
Love was nailed to a cross
Cursed, abandoned, and crushed,
Just for the sake, the sake of Love.


Verse 2:

No understanding could I find,
Reasoning for sparing my life,
No good have I done
yet by the good works of your son.
Teachings many has he gave,
Thousands yet he hopes to save,
Crying out for you to hear,
burdened now to save from fear,

Chorus:

Of death, of death eternal,
with your wrath fully on them now.
Please spare! Please spare your children!
I'll take it all upon myself.


Verse 3:

Grace unmeasured vast and free,
saved me from an eternity.
Where hate and wrath prevail,
yet he still bore the nails,
that where meant for my feet,
for my hands meant to bleed,
yet on him we still depend,
gracious father, merciful man.


Chorus:

What grace? Could I define such grace?
This overwhelms and challenges my week thoughts.
Such grace! What mercy displayed!
I stand amazed in light of your grace.


Bridge:

For you are glorious,
and your reign is victorious,
and your fame is all over us,
and I stand amazed (x2)


Chorus:

What grace? What grace unending!
Undeserved, unmeasured, unmerited grace!
Such grace? I marvel now in light of your grace.

____________________________________
Again since I went looking through my old written lyrics I happened to find this partially written sheet of music. I'm not exactly done with the writing of it, but I'll keep you posted for when it does happen to be completed. Personally if you merely read the lyrics they can sound a bit cheesy and "kid-like" please take into consideration that 6-7 years ago I was a child. Being merely 12/13 years old. Anyhow.... hope you enjoy it, Here you are:

When its all said and done

Verse 1:

Time is ticking clearly stating times running out.
Every Minute every hour feels like I'm slowly die-ing.
Day by day night by night wondering,
if I will in the end put up a fight,
Or will I walk away with nothing left to say,
Carrying cowardly my own disgrace?

Chorus:

I wanna be your shadow
So all can see you move in me.
I want to be your echo,
so that all will hear you speak through me.
I want to be your servant,
So all will see I follow Thee

father lead me on.



1 comment:

Katie said...

I actually loved the second song... So innocent; and God commands us to be "child-like." Thanks for sharing...