Monday, January 12, 2009

Look to the Hills (Chapter 1) Pt. 5

As I walked through the corridors, peeping in and out of door windows trying to find Mrs. Hobbs' location tears began to unexpectedly fall from my face. I didn't realize that hearing from God would be so hard. My pace quickened. Why is it so hard to let go of the past & move on with the future? Why can't it be like it has always been? 

I pictured the sweet home I left behind, so full of life, so warm & inviting, filled with the ones I love. I pictured my home church and all the people I had come to love so dearly and become so deeply knit with. Honestly, I didn't realize that I would have so much to miss until that moment. Who was this girl walking down the halls with a briefcase in her hand, what sort of dreams & ambitions did she have for life?

I didn't know, was afraid to know. I felt like there wasn't another person in the world who could understand the depth of my sorrow as I spotted the admissions office. Opening that door meant moving on with life, becoming a independent individual, on my own, alone. 

"Lord, heaven knows how far you have brought me here in faith that this is the path you have for me to walk. You have closed the doors & opened others I trust you to give me the strength to move where you lead."

I let out a heavy sigh and the admissions door swung open to greet me.

No comments: